Instructor-Assisted Labs for all level students
Lab dates and locations listed are on the calendar schedule. Note that when a holiday falls during the week, labs and classes are usually not scheduled.
Labs are 2 hour blocks of time. An instructor is available to help you with your project, question or on-line tutorial. If you have a laptop, bring it to use instead of the lab desktop PCs. Registration for labs is suggested as those who register will be given priority to use the available computers and receive instructor assistance. However, if you wish to stop by in case a student slot is not being used, feel free.
Unless otherwise indicated, labs are OPEN TOPIC. The instructor will try to assist you with whatever project or problem you wish.
OPEN LAB DESCRIPTION: Come to an open lab to get help with your computer problem, project or software. Look at the classes offered to see the kinds of software our instructors can help you with. They include Windows 7, 8 and 10, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Search, extended Google features (like maps and translate), Google Apps (including Gmail, Google calendar, Google Drive Overview, Google Docs, Google Spreadsheets, Google Presentations, Google Forms , Google Picasa, and others), using browsers (Internet Explorer, Edge, Firefox and Chrome).
Some labs are targeted to a topic. Labs are:
- Open Topic – Come with your questions, problems, projects related to the class topics we offer. Not all instructors know all the software and products. We’ll help you as much as we can.
- Apple Lab – An instructor with knowledge of iPad, iPhone and Mac devices will staff these labs.
- Windows Labs – An instructor will help you better navigate Windows.
- Photo and Open Lab An instructor who can help you with limited PhotoShop Elements photo editing staffs the lab and you can use CybeLynx’s photo, negative and slide scanner for materials you bring.
- Web Presence – Staffed with an instructor who can help you establish a free or low cost website with integrated social media.